Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wow!

Who ever thought you could have an actual lively and interesting conversation with your Dad? I know, that's what I said!

Dad's usually don't know anything, but I guess when I moved out, got married, and a real job, he learned some things himself!

We talked on the phone today, mostly about coffee too. Which was really cool. I always knew that he "needed" coffee and I knew that he enjoyed it, but I'm not at the point of addiction.

Example?

One time, my brother and I were messing around, I really don't remember how, and we broke one of the two coffee pots on the counter. Smashed! Broken glass! Just a handle...

Crap!

"Was that moms or dads?!" Quick! Think!

We had a good chance of living to see the next glorious day in this perfect world if it were my moms, but for the life of us, we couldn't remember!

My mom came home first and confirmed it was hers. Then she pointed out that they always keep a spare in the basement.

Now my parents just have IV drips. It's more convenient for them.

Anyway, we talked on the phone and my dad surprised me a few times. He knew what a burr grinder was compared to a blade grinder... talking about different coffees around the world...

Just surprising! I guess I think it's so amazing because the coffee world is new to me and I just assume that everyone I have ever known is the same way.

So, he is sending me some coffee and a very slightly used burr grinder. Nice! I've just been using my hand grinder so this will be a treat.

Nothing new to report on the coffee front... As I've been trying coffee, I've been keeping a basic journal of my thoughts in my Moleskine. I'm thinking about transcribing those so you can see my thoughts.

But it's getting late.

Keep on brewing!

No comments: