Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to the DoubleShot

Yep, it's been some time, but I'm back at the DoubleShot.  Lack of disposable income is the culprit, but I think it should be fine now! 

So, I'm drinking the Brazil Poco Fundo.

This is what Brian had to say about it: 

"We only have two 132 pound bags of this coffee because I had to buy it before it arrived in the US, and I didn't know it was going to be so great. It's rich with a medium-heavy body. Sweet, cherry and cinnamon aromas. Buttery-peppery flavors back a mildly-sweet, but prominent fruit taste. Somewhere in the melon family, I think. Cocoa tones also pushed through, and it only got better as it cooled."

It's certainly really good.  I also tried the Panama Boquete Classico.  I think I like that one better... although I only had a small sample of it.

It's just really good to have good coffee again.  I hate to say it, but some days, at work, I had to... yes... drink work coffee.  Ouch!  

Dripping there onto that burning carafe... sitting for hours... adding sugar and creamer... luckily I didn't have to do it much but that's the kind of torture I had to resort to.

What I need is a roaster.  Does anyone want to buy me a small roaster?  I guess I could do a yard sale popcorn popper... but I'd like to learn for real.

Alright, I have to go because I'm enjoying this coffee.  Mmmm...

Keep on brewing!

No comments: