Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yemen Mocca Sanani












I had some great coffee yesterday!

Oh baby!

It was the Yemen Mocca Sanani. Brian told me about it and said there wasn't much left so I had to stop by. It was great, he made me a small press pot of it and it was just really awesome.

I don't know why, but I thought that Yemen coffees were harsh but they aren't! Why did I think that? I don't know.

This is Brian's take on the coffee:
"Yemen coffees are unique. And delicious. This coffee is beautiful from its dry fragrance all the way to the aftertaste. Big, fermented fruit fragrance, apricots, and maybe smoke and banana in the wet aroma. The tastes are a little milder than the fragrance, but it is a complex coffee. Caramelized sugars, garlic and more of that fruity (apricot?) taste that pleases my palate so much. The aftertaste is a bit more of the ashy, vanilla-y taste. It's a touchy coffee to roast, and when it drops out into the cooling bin, it sounds as smooth as a blanket tumbling out of a dryer. Mmm."
To order some, take the jump.

If you are near Tulsa, hurry up and order a press of it! It's gonna go fast!

Keep on brewing!

No comments: