Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 2 of the Yemen Mocca

It was just so good I didn't want it go without having at least another cup. I also thought I would take a picture of it so you can enjoy almost as much as I have.

There is something about hanging out in DoubleShot that is just relaxing. It's not that it is anything really special or magical but it is special to some people.

It goes back to that "third place" I talked about.

Oh, and it's really funny to be sitting down at a table, enjoying some coffee and seeing the owner of the shop napping on the couch. Actually, I think I saw Howard Schultz do that once.... maybe it was someone else...

Do you have a "third place?" Everyone should have a place to relax, that's not your home. See, I'm totally content with staying at home and playing video games or playing on the computer all day, but Jenni has to get out, which has made me have to get out as well.

It's changing my chemistry! Just like work changed my hunger schedule. I now go to lunch around 2 pm. 2pm! Yeah, my body is all out of wack.

I'm getting off topic...

This coffee is just really good. In a way, when I'm at DoubleShot drinking coffee and just sitting back, it's a similar feeling to the way I feel when I mountain bike or run (which I haven't done in a while). It's just relaxing!

There's no pressure, just sit back and relax. I know that you are physically standing when you run but there is a time when you find that groove and you can "sit back."

I think that's good for now.

Keep on brewing!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Welcome to my living room. A lot of this furniture came out of my apartment, so I'm used to napping on that sofa.

Glad you feel at 3rd place here.

Dude, that Yemen is so last week. If you're not drinking the Ethiopia Harrar Oromia, you might as well not be drinking coffee. Hey- it's the coffee from the movie Black Gold. FTO! Ha! (it's still good though)