Thursday, January 3, 2008

Finally back to my "third" place...



















I don't think I've talked about it on this blog before, but I think I mentioned the whole "Third Place" thing.  I don't want to talk about it right now because there is a book I want to get before I really get into it but the idea is this:

Your first place: Home
Your second place: Work
Your third place: A place where you feel comfortable or frequent outside both the other places.
Obviously, mine is DoubleShot.

For those of you that don't know, DoubleShot Coffee Company is a shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  They gained their fame in a few different ways.  One being their great coffee, the other way was being bossed around by Starbucks.  Just Google them and you'll find the story.

I haven't been in DoubleShot for a while and though I do have the Kona I've been making at home, I missed their espresso.

So during my lunch break today, I got a large Americano.  I forgot how relaxing it is to just sit there and relax with a nice __________ from DoubleShot (you fill in the blank with anything on their menu).

I also had some more Christmas money so I bought the Aeropress.  Check that link to read more.  I have to tell you this.  If you enjoy coffee at all, especially espresso, you have to get this.  Look, it's only $30 and it's worth it!

I just made a latte at home and it tastes very, very close to DoubleShots!  It should at least because it is their espresso... but it is mind blowing!

So easy too!  Please, please try it!  But you have to have a good grinder.  My Dad sent me that one burr grinder and it does a good job at getting really fine so that's why my espresso turned out so well.

I'm looking forward to making americanos, lattes, mochas for the wife, and just espresso too!

I'll post some pics but I just want to get this post online.  Amazing.  Really.   But there is one secret I need to let you in on.  If you want amazing espresso and coffee you have to do one thing... 









pssstt!  down here!









You have to start with DoubleShot!
Oh, and a crazy device made by a frisbee company doesn't hurt either!

Keep on brewing!

No comments: