Thursday, January 10, 2008

Coffee Tasting
Coffee Illuminati
DoubleShot Coffee Company
1/9/08



Coffee: Sumatra

harsh

1. 4 - Good dry scent but wet a little strong
2. 3 - Not very bright
3. 2 - Bitter
4. 5 - Medium body
5. 6 - Tasted much better when I held it on my tongue
6. 2 - Could be a good camp coffee

Misc.
- I thought I tasted chocolate...

_________________

Coffee: Bali

7 - Smoky, campy..
2 -
4 - Bitter, but mellows out
6 - Medium/Heavy body
6 - I really enjoy the finish, despite a bit rough
2 - Good, but I don’t want the roughness all the time


It tasted like a “work coffee.” Not something that you would find at work, but I mean a coffee I could drink at work. Like... it was good, but not so bright and cheery that it distracted me.

As Brian said when I said that: “full flavor without the bitterness”


_________________


Coffee: Columbia

8 - Nice sweet dry smell // Very nice wet smell
5 - Bright, but not Kona bright
4 - Sweet
6 - Feels fairly light
4 - Not so big on the finish
3 - Columbian is just good, good overall.



Misc:
Leaves my mouth feeling roasted... not hot... like, ashes maybe... barely though.

_________________

Coffee: Kenya

- Dry smell is really interesting, good interesting // Good dry smell


Misc:
Good all around coffee.
Tastes semi bold but not overpowering

(Sorry, I got to talking and didn’t type much)


_________________


Coffee: Aruba Organic (Peru)

1.

It tastes “generic”
Sweetish at the beginning

Misc:
Very generic

_________________

Coffee: Flores

Dirty... Dusty...

Not so great but got better as I drank.

No comments: