Friday, January 11, 2008

2 of my "favorite" things!

Wow.  I thought it would never happen.  Ok, maybe I did.  But it's still funny to me.  


I think it's funny because I really like the idea.  But I also don't like the idea.

I like it from a technology standpoint.  I mean, integration and all... cell phones with cameras... keyboards.... windows.... why not order Starbucks on a phone!

But the one reason I don't like it, is from the coffee snobs point of view.  It makes it totally impersonal.  

When I go to DoubleShot, I like to sit at the bar, and talk to Brian and Isaiah or Jason.  But what would it be like if I could order DoubleShot from my phone?

First off, it would be only one button. 
"Americano"
Then the size.

But I like being able to talk to my barista while they make my drink.  I like watching them tamp it exactly perfect and dump it out if they mess up.  I like watching the espresso sneak it's way out of the portafilter.  

But if I'm sitting in my chair at Starbucks listening to Kenny G and just waiting for my drink (cake in a cup)... that's boring.

Starbucks/Howard Schultz wants to become your third place.  I don't see how they will if they make it possible to order from your phone.  I'll post that info later, I have to find it.

Here's to real baristas.

















































Keep on brewing!

1 comment:

Onesimus3 said...

Can DoubleShot make you a genuine
Turkish Coffee, already sweet with a 1/4 inch of mud on the bottom?